- I forgot my TalentShield password, how do I retrieve it?
- I forgot my TalentShield username, how do I retrieve it?
- How do you certify my information?
- What if my employer is no longer in operation?
- How do I dispute my results?
- What does “Not Available” mean?
- What does “Discrepancy” mean?
- What does “Update UP” mean?
- I failed my social security verification questionnaire, how do I proceed?
- What are the next steps if my information can’t be verified?
What is TalentShield?
TalentShield enables job seekers to submit, verify and promote their professional credentials including education history, work history, and professional licenses. It also helps employers and recruiters to view verified candidate credentials for more cost-effective recruiting decisions.
What are the benefits of TalentShield?
To Job Seeker:
- Gain a competitive advantage in the job market by certifying your education, employment history, and professional licensing credentials
- Clear up any discrepancies before a potential employer runs a background check on you
- Make your resume more visible by sharing your TalentShield across your social networks or promoting to recruiters and employers through leading career management sites
- Ensures you identify credible candidates the first time around
- Reduces your placement time and cost by pre-verifying candidate information, like education and employment history
What is an identity validation?
An identity validation is a process which verifies your identity through a series of questions. This validation is done in a secure and safe way to keep your privacy.
What do you need in order to certify my information?
We will require your current or previous company names, job titles, periods of time and locations. We will confirm the information as provided by you.
How long does it take to certify my credentials?
The average turnaround time for verification is 72 business hours. However it does depend on the responsiveness of the verifying company. We will reach out daily to certify.
Is your website secure?
At TalentShield we are committed to protecting your privacy. We are using the most up-to-date web security protocols to give you the best experience as possible in a safe and secure way.
I forgot my TalentShield password, how do I retrieve it?
At the sign in screen, click on the “Forgot Password” option. A temporary password will be emailed to you.
I forgot my TalentShield username, how do I retrieve it?
Call our Customer Service department at 877-340-0206 or email email@example.com.
How do you certify my information?
We will contact your employer or school directly to confirm the information provided on your profile. In some instances the employer or school will utilize an online verification system.
What if my employer is no longer in operation?
You can try to obtain tax records for closed businesses from the IRS. You may contact the IRS at 800-829-1040 to request your W2 Tax Transcripts. These are the only records we will accept for validation.
Please note: You will receive your documents within 24 hours if a fax number is available, however mailed documents can take up to 2 weeks to receive.
Fax IRS documents to – 866-246-3574 Attn: TalentShield, for further review and verification.
How do I dispute my results?
When you are reviewing our completed certification, you have the option to dispute. This will send an email with your dispute request, to our dispute team for review.
What does “Not Available” mean?
Not Available is used when the employer does not have the requested information available in their system and the information cannot be verified.
What does “Discrepancy” mean?
Discrepancy is used to alert you that your employer has confirmed your employment, however there are differences in their HR/Payroll files in comparison with the information you have provided on your profile.
What does “Update UP” mean?
If you have a TalentExchange UP, “Update UP” allows you to migrate the additional credentials you submitted through TalentShield to your TalentExchange UP.
I failed my social security verification questionnaire, how do I proceed?
We will try to manually verify your identity. Manual identity verification can be processed by calling 866-989-1229.
Monday – Friday 6am – 6:00pm and Saturday 7:00am – 4:00pm Pacific Time.
What are the next steps if my information can’t be verified?
If the employer or school has no record of you in their system, we will be unable to certify directly. However, we may be able to utilize the documentation listed below to certify your information.
If your employment is within the past 7 years, we are able to accept tax records from the IRS only, please contact the IRS at 800-829-1040 to request your W2 Tax Transcripts.
Please note: You will receive your documents within 24 hours if a fax number is available, however mailed documents can take up to 2 weeks to receive. Fax IRS documents to – 866-246-3574 Attn: TalentShield, for further review and verification.
If you have a copy of your degree or certification available, TalentShield will contact the educational institution to confirm authenticity to certify.